Profit from joining the openIMIS Community:
- Earn money! A number of international organisations fund software development for Global Goods. Keep monitoring our Opportunities Page to keep up with new funding opportunities. With a strong community in your back you will also find it easier to discover your own funding opportunities.
- Upgrade your developer skills! We are constantly monitoring current trends and standards in IT technology to choose the most robust frameworks for the openIMIS core. Learn from others with more experience and profit from a culture of sharing knowledge and experiences.
- Be part of the global eHealth community! The openIMIS Initiative works closely with other international organisations and local governments to integrate and improve existing eHealth infrastructures. Acquire experience in interoperability standards like HL7 FHIR and learn about other Global Goods in the eHealth ecosystem.
- Get a practical taste of the health financing business! openIMIS comes from the heart of real world health financing scenarios. Given the increasing global importance of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and Universal Social Protection (USP), openIMIS has become THE open-source tool for anyone seeking to implement these programmes.
- Brush up your CV! If you are a student or young professional, you need practical experience to show off your skills to future employers. While we do not provide certificates, your publicly visible code repositories on GitHub or your contributions to this wiki will provide ample proof of your achievements. You can, of course, choose to work under an alias.
- Have some fun! We are nice people, by the way ...